- 30+ staff members, comprised entirely of former Boys Staters dating back
to the 1980s.
- As leaders and volunteers still active in their communities, staff members are
constantly building and strengthening the program throughout the year.
- Attorneys, businessmen, entrepreneurs, educators, doctors, judges, law enforcement,
clergymen, college students, and more all make up the staff of Magnolia Boys State.
- In addition, we utilize university staff personnel for facility operations.
- American Legionnaires are the backbone of our program, and their example and guidance help fuel our purpose.
The Magnolia Boys State staff is comprised of counselors who excelled in the program and have returned year after year to participate. Current staff members have been with the program ranging from 5 to 30+ years. All of our staff members participated in the program as a delegate and junior counselor. Staff handles administrative duties (directors, office personnel), programming (media, journalism, legal, legislative, and sports), and advisory staff (county advisers and party advisers).
Each staff member has unique gifts and talents that when coupled with their intimate experience with the program results in the ability to put on an exciting and rewarding program for each citizen. What sets our program apart from many other Boys State programs, is the energy and passion of directors not too far removed from their own experience as a delegate.